Legal Practice Manager
Fitzroy Legal Service
ABOUT FITZROY LEGAL SERVICE
Fitzroy Legal Service is a community-based organisation, independent of government, dedicated to assisting the most marginalised members of the community with legal information, advice and representation, as well as championing law reform and conducting public interest litigation. Our services are offered across the Cities of Darebin and Yarra, and the inner north of Melbourne. For further information please visit our website https://fls.org.au
We work towards a fairer and more just Victorian community, one in which the legal and broader social system supports equality and justice. Our services are offered across the Cities of Darebin and Yarra, and the inner north of Melbourne.
Our Values: Integrity | Courage & Passion | Empowerment & Advocacy | Connected to Community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of Legal Practice Manager oversees the administrative support for the day legal practice and it’s three teams, namely:
- Criminal Outreach and Generalist Services
- Family Law and Family Violence
- Social Action and Public Interest Law
It requires the provision of high quality administrative support to practice lawyers, ensuring office and administrative systems run smoothly, and ensuring the client experience is seamless.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership, direction, support and supervision to administration/paralegal staff and volunteers
- Oversee provision of reception and information services provided by direct reports
- Oversee and maintain regular update referral directories and other information to support the information referral services
- Undertaking reception and information duties as required, including fielding client enquiries, by telephone or in person, providing effective referrals to appropriate agencies.
- Undertaking SFVC administration duties as required, including providing effective intakes, information and referral services
- Oversee the intake of new clients and appointment bookings in line with casework guidelines
- Oversee incoming calls and correspondence for current clients
- Act as Administrator for ATLAS, assisting lawyers to manage ATLAS accounts, troubleshooting database issues, drafting and legal aid applications, monitoring grants of aid for clients
- Act as Administrator for Actionstep, managing user accounts and passwords, inducting new staff and providing training, troubleshooting issues as required.
- Monthly file auditing on Actionstep
- Management of Court Diary and lawyers’ calendars
- At request of Managing Lawyers, organise locum lawyers
- Paralegal work, including drafting letters, court forms, billing, briefing barristers, as capacity permits
Further details and how to apply can be found here: