The following resources can provide further assistance with the issues of guardianship and medical treatment:
- Guide to the Guardianship and Administration A written law made by parliament. Also called an ‘Act of parliament’, ‘statute’ or legislation. 2019 (Vic) (Judicial College of Victoria; www.judicialcollege.vic.gov.au)
- Advance Care Planning: www.advancecareplanning.org.au
- BetterHealth: www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/havetheconversation
- OPA’s website: www.publicadvocate.vic.gov.au/medical-consent
- DHHS’s website: www2.health.vic.gov.au/hospitals-and-health-services/patient-care/end-of-life-care/advance-care-planning/medical-treatment-planning-and-decisions-act
- VCAT’s website: www.vcat.vic.gov.au/resources/application-about-medical-treatment-and-advance-care-directives.
For more relevant information, see Chapter 8.4: Mental illness, and Chapter 8.7: Understanding powers of attorney.