More information about To damage another person’s reputation by publishing or communicating false statements about them. The old common law distinction between libel (written and published defamation) and slander (spoken defamation) no longer has any legal significance. law can be found in the following publications:
- Collins, M 2010, Law of Defamation and the Internet, Oxford University Press.
- Collins, M 2014, Collins on Defamation, Oxford University Press.
- Gillooly, M 1998, The Law of Defamation in Australia and New Zealand, Federation Press.
- Spender, L 2004, Between the Lines: A Legal Guide for Writers and Illustrators, Keesing Press.
- Tobin, TK and Sexton, MG, Australian Defamation Law and Practice, LexisNexis.
- Walker, S 2000, Media Law, LBC Books.