Rates of pensions and allowances change regularly. Always check current rates with Centrelink.
On 1 July 2011, Centrelink and Medicare Australia were abolished as Found in a statute of delegated legislation. For example, a statutory authority or body is aperson or organisation that has special powers given by parliament to do work for the public benefit. authorities and integrated into the Australian Government Department of Human Services (now called Services Australia). For ease of reference, this chapter A document that sets out what a person wants to happen to their money and other property after they die. continue to refer to Centrelink.
Introduction and key Statutory rules made by parliament or by bodies the parliament delegates power to, for example a local council or a registration authority. See delegated legislation; statute.
Social Money or property promised to be handed over as a guarantee for repayment of a loan, or as a guarantee that a defendant will meet their bail conditions. law is also found in the:
- Social Security A written law made by parliament. Also called an ‘Act of parliament’, ‘statute’ or legislation. 1991 (Cth) (‘SS Act’);
- Social Security (Administration) Act 1999 (Cth) (‘SSA Act’);
- Social Security (International Agreements) Act 1999 (Cth);
- A New Tax System (Family Assistance) Act 1999 (Cth) (‘Family Assistance Act’); and
- A New Tax System (Family Assistance) (Administration) Act 1999 (Cth).
Legal practitioners should also read The Social Security Guide (available at http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law); Centrelink officers use this guide to assess eligibility for payments.