Financial counselling services provide free telephone financial counselling services, comprehensive information online and referral to other financial counselling services nearby.


Fitzroy Legal Service

Financial counselling services for farming communities

Last updated

1 July 2021
Rural Financial Counselling Service

Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment – Rural Financial Counselling Service
Tel: 1800 686 175

The federal government-funded Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS) provides free financial counselling services nationally to farmers, owners of fishing enterprises, forestry growers and harvesters, and small, related business owners who are suffering financial hardship. 

​In Victoria, RFCS financial counsellors are based in Hamilton, Leongatha and Wodonga (see contact details below).

Hamilton: Rural Financial Counselling Service
77 Kennedy Street, Hamilton Vic 3300
Tel: 1300 735 578

Leongatha: Rural Financial Counselling Service 
1 Peart Street, Leongatha Vic 3953
Tel: 1300 834 775

Wodonga: Rural Financial Counselling Service
102 Hume Street, Wodonga Vic 3690
Tel: 1300 834 775

Back to
Managing your money

Buy the chapter ‘Financial counselling services’