Q+Law Service Director
Fitzroy Legal Service
- Unique leadership role in Victorian community legal sector.
- Work to address intersectional disadvantage and champion LGBTIQA+ legal rights.
- Based at Victorian Pride Centre in St-Kilda with flexible and hybrid working options.
Fitzroy Legal Service has been successful in its application to establish Q+Law (working title) – a community-led LGBTIQA+ legal service for Victoria. Q+Law will operate in partnership with Queerspace and will deliver safe and inclusive legal services at the Victoria Pride Centre and outreach to various locations including Queerspace and Your Community Health. The Queerspace Community Governance Committee will provide expert lived experience advice and ensure the intersectional voices of our communities inform the service development of Q+Law.
About the role
The Q+Law Service Director is Fitzroy Legal Service’s senior executive for Q+Law, responsible for the development, execution and review of strategy, policy and plans for Q+Law. You will lead and deliver all aspects of the partnerships and strategic advocacy functions of Q+Law. As a member of the executive team at FLS, you will also provide leadership and strategic direction to the organisation and contribute to the progress the achievement of the FLS strategy and its implementation. The role is a contract role until 31 October 2024.
- Leadership: provide leadership, representation, and a positive organisational profile for Q+Law. Contribute to the culture of Fitzroy Legal Service and Q+Law that promotes and demonstrates inclusion, accessibility, cultural safety, respect, good practice, innovation, and team approach.
- Management: oversee performance of the Q+Law service, including provide staff supervision, contribute to reporting, and accountability.
- Stakeholder engagement: establish and enhance partnerships across the LGBTIQ+ and legal sectors.
- Strategic advocacy: develop and execute advocacy plans, including communications, policy and legislative reform, integrating with strategic casework and/or litigation.
Fitzroy Legal Service is an inclusive employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. This is a special measures role and only members of the LGBTIQA+ community are eligible to apply, in line with the Equal Opportunity Act 2010.
To find out more and to apply for the position please click this link from Ethical Jobs: https://www.ethicaljobs.com.au/members/FitzroyLegal/qlaw-service-director