Centrelink is a branch of the Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services that administers social welfare payments provided by the Australian Government. This system is known as social security.

Dealing with social security: Contacts

Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT)
Level 4, 15 William Street, Melbourne Vic 3000
Tel: 1800 228 333
Email (Social Services and Child Support Division): sscsdivision@aat.gov.au
Email (General Division): generalreviews@aat.gov.au
Web: www.aat.gov.au

Commonwealth Ombudsman
Tel: 1300 362 072
Web: www.ombudsman.gov.au

Social Security Rights Victoria (SSRV)
Tel: 9481 0355; 1800 094 164 (rural callers)
Web: www.ssrv.org.au

SSRV provides assistance about Centrelink matters to residents of Victoria.

Victoria Legal Aid (VLA)
Tel (legal help line): 1300 792 387
Web: www.legalaid.vic.gov.au

VLA can give advice on social security law.

Back to
Managing your money